Cleveland's Plaindealer news editorial endorsed Bill Patmon for the Senate in District 21. (Click the Editorial link to See the Full Endorsement). The Plaindealer stated that Patmon is a "steady voice for his constituents." Patmon has been a steady and strong voice for us for many years:
- For women: Patmon sponsored and passed a breast cancer law to help women suffering from breast cancer and fought for more women workers on the construction of the Rock Hall of Fame resulting in a significant increase in women on that project
- For minorities: Patmon has fought for and won one of the largest increases in minority and women jobs and work in local and state contracts and jobs
- For our children: Patmon has sponsored and fought for our children by requiring mandatory safe storage of guns and for identifying marks and colors on toy guns to keep our children safe.
- For our community: Patmon has sponsored and fought for legislation to address corrupt home contractors who rip off families and homeowners with shoddy work and excessive charges
- For reasonable, safe gun control: Patmon has sponsored and fought hard to ban bump stocks, require mandatory safe storage of guns
- For our pets: Working with Dick Goddard and others, Patmon sponsored and fought for the passage of Goddard's law, which makes animal cruelty a felony in Ohio